Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Obesity Action Coalition

As I was doing my research today I came across a fantastic resource! The best part is they work right behind us at the office! I think this is pretty crazy! So at the Office Building where my mom's Senior Helpers Business is there is a company called the Obesity Action Coalition. I used to pass by it on my way to and from the restroom (and I was pregnant so I was always walking by the sign on the wall). I was always curious what it was they actually did with obesity. Today I got my answer! I stumbled across their website this morning and wouldn't you know they are dedicated to EDUCATING and helping fight against obesity. It is a great sight with great tools such as: BMI indicator, an Advocacy Program and tons of information. WWW.ObesityActionCoalition.ORG Check them out! They are a really neat site that is truly dedicated to helping those dealing with obesity. They are not only a site with information, but a site with a heart and passion to HELPING those dealing with obesity. It is not only affecting our children, it is affecting our families. Education is the key to beating this epidemic. Become a FREE member of the OAC and be a part of the voice.

2 comments:

  1. Heather...........I love the blogs. They are jam packed with wonderful information for all. I will send this out to other friends I have also. Keep up the fantastic work! Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited that you came across our Web site. We hope that you use it as a resource, as that is what our site is there for.

    Just wanted to let you know that there is techinically no "free" membership offered through the OAC. Membership is a small fee, however to access our resources on the Web you do not need to be a member.

    Please feel free to get as much information as you need!

    ReplyDelete